I am currently in Prague and will be taking the train to Vienna tomorrow on Monday 11th March (early morning like at 5:50am and arrive approx. Bratislava 10am) to stay for 2 nights. Originally was going to Brno as it is on the way to Vienna but decided to change to Bratislava in the last minute just an hour ago and we intend to return back to Vienna probably after dinner time.
There are some questions and hope you can assist
1) Is there locker in the train station so we can store our luggage on the train? If so, how much it cost and whether they accept credit card? Is it in Euro? or their currency? (we have no idea about their currency since we didn't think of going to Slovakia country as it was a last minute thing)
2) If it does not accept credit card, what is the exact amount coins they accept provided it is slot machine so that we can get prepared?
3) As we plan to do the tour in the daytime, is there some kind of 1 day pass like Netherlands, Copenhagen that they offer or I would be better off buying the separate tickets?
4) Assuming I have 8 hours daylight, what is the MUST go attractions other than the old city town? Would it be enough time to go to Devin castle and old town walk around in 8 hours? I am not sure how long for the castle tour we should leave including travel. 3 hours? 4 hours? And most of all, can we pay the fare on the bus??
5) Do you recommend to do the castle first or the city tour first?
6) How long walk is from the station to the old city centre for walking around, lunch etc so that we need to keep an eye for the train to Vienna. I see on the map that it's 15 minute as it shows for the place "Old town", I am not sure if I am correct or I wrote the correct name
7) We want to eat the local food and as we are on a cheap budget, which restaurant do you recommend for lunch? (assuming we are eating in old town)
Sorry for the questions as this is a last minute change or otherwise I would have spent my time researching when I was at home
Your answer and suggestion would be very very very very appreciated
Hope can answer as we are leaving literally like 1 day later
PS: Lucky tomorrow is clear weather as I checked as it has been raining these few days in Prague, so I assume that the castle is open?
Thanks in advance