Please sign in to post.

Testing

Hi all!
I have a question that I am hoping you can help with. My friend and I are traveling to Scotland in a few weeks and will be needing a Covid test before returning to the U.S. Do you have any suggestions or have you used any place to get/do these tests? There are many places advertised on the web, but want a reputable and U.S. approved test. Any info appreciated!!!!!

Thanks in advance!
Kathy

Posted by
1803 posts

Where will you be the day before and the day of your return flight?

Many airports offer testing and many pharmacies do too. Some forum members report successfully using the proctored test such as the binax. If you go this route then make sure you get the correct version.

Posted by
231 posts

Hi!
We will be in Edinburgh. We were thinking about using DocHq or Querd(sp?), but not sure about them.

Posted by
605 posts

I think Boots and Lloyds (and others) have 15 minute tests, although check with the specific branch. Going out to the airport seems like a waste of good tourist time.

Posted by
231 posts

Thanks everyone for the information. Seems we have several options. Buying the tests and doing the tele visits or doing it in person. Does anyone know what the general cost is to do it in person at the local sites?

Thanks!!!
Kathy