Please sign in to post.

Taylor Swift concert in town June 7,8,9, 2024 Hotels already booked.

Just a heads up - my friend purchased tickets for Taylor Swift's Edinburgh tour date. I told her to get looking for accommodation. We did today and we found all reasonably priced hotels are already sold out. She was able to get a room at the Hilton being a VIP member, but all were showing sold out for me (non VIP member). So if you are heading to Edinburgh during this weekend next year beware.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/best-in-edinburgh/edinburgh-hotels-taylor-swift-rooms.

"Out of 25 hotels in Edinburgh, we set out to compare prices before and after the tour was announced. In the end, it turned out 22 of them were already fully booked for both June 7 and 8 when Taylor is in town."

Margaret

Posted by
427 posts

This is a good reminder for any of the other European tour stops as well. Thanks for sharing. Will you be going to the concert also? She puts on on amazing show.

Posted by
992 posts

I will not be going to the concert. My daughter is having a wedding celebration in England and my friend is a guest. She had planned to go to Scotland after the wedding and then realized Taylor Swift would be in town. I know many cities that cope quite well with concerts (such as London) but Edinburgh is smaller and has less hotel availability, so hotel pricing for what is still available is very expensive.

Posted by
9420 posts

She’ll be in Paris May 9-12.
I’ll copy you Margaret and post this info in the France forum. Thanks!

Posted by
4624 posts

Sheez, add to the 2024 planning tasks .... "check Taylor Swift concert schedule before confirming itinerary. "

Posted by
148 posts

Taylor's June dates at Murrayfield were one of the events that factored into my decision to plan next year's visit for mid-May instead of early June. I also aimed to steer clear of major holidays, school breaks, festivals, etc.

ETA: It's a good idea to check not only Taylor's tour schedule but also the schedule for Murrayfield before committing to your dates. This past May both Bruce Springsteen and Harry Styles played there, with similar effects on hotel availability.

Posted by
4085 posts

CW, not a far-fetched idea! I just checked the schedule for all year and will barely miss Edinburgh dates (thank goodness) - and fortunately not going anywhere else on her schedule next year. But easily could have been planning.

Thanks, Margaret!

Posted by
6323 posts

Wow, it never even occurred to me to check that. Luckily she doesn't begin her tour in England until I'm gone next year. Thank you, Margaret for the heads up!

Here's the link if anyone wants to check: https://www.taylorswift.com/tour

Susan, good idea - I just posted something on General Europe, too, referencing this post.

Posted by
3761 posts

Thank you! Just one more reason for my 2024 spring trip to England & Edinburgh to be wrapped up and over by May 1.

Not only does this affect hotel bookings, but these kinds of crowds fill up every restaurant in town for every meal. We are familiar with this because she--and many other big name artists--play in Nashville quite often.

Posted by
2602 posts

I always do a search of "what's happening in wherever" before I lock in travel dates--holidays, concerts, festivals, etc can have a huge impact on prices and crowding.

Posted by
7560 posts

Some of the other stops may not be affected as much (Paris, London) but Edinburgh is not that huge a city, The stadium where the concert will be can hold over 10% of Edinburgh's population, she will fill it, 3 times, on consecutive nights. This means not only a crowd, but an overlapping crowd. Those three concerts will equal about 10% of Edinburgh's annual tourism numbers, in just one weekend.

Posted by
5764 posts

The answer may be to stay in Glasgow and commute across to Edinburgh, each day. Unless everyone else has also had that idea.

Posted by
1645 posts

Murrayfield is the home of Scottish rugby and organises capacity events most weeks over the course of the year, so Edinburgh and Murrayfield are used the crowds that come with an event like this. The location of Murrayfield will mean the trams will be busier around the concerts, as they are before and after home matches at Murrayfield, for instance this last weekend, against one of the World Cup favourites France (25-21 home victory). You will pass Murrayfield if you have travelled by tram from the airport into the city and vice versa.

So it is not something the city and stadium cannot cope with. But these things will cause more hotel bookings so looking further afield for accomodation is probably a good idea.

Posted by
877 posts

I guess that the rugby causes less issues on accommodation as a bigger proportion of the crowd will be based in Scotland and most of those won't need somewhere to stay overnight. It seems the Taylor Swift crowds are coming from all over the place.

Posted by
7560 posts

It seems the Taylor Swift crowds are coming from all over the place.

Yes, that has been a characteristic of her concerts all over the US. Tickets are so hard to get that people will take any they can find. I fully expect there will be a number of Londoners going to Edinburgh to see the concert even though she is doing shows in London three different times during the tour, for a total of 9 shows. Would not be surprised if a few American fans are traveling to Europe to catch a show. What they were paying for aftermarket tickets in the US would allow you to fly first class to Europe and stay a week to see a show...if you could get tickets direct.

Posted by
2337 posts

From the videos I've seen online, Taylor puts on one H of a concert - never cheats the Swifties and keeps them totally engaged throughout the entire concert. Good for her.

Posted by
427 posts

I went to one of the Seattle shows (a friend had an extra face-value ticket) and I can confirm that it was a fabulous concert. She sang for over 3 hours and everything from the stage to the outfits went beyond expectations. It didn’t hurt that it was a beautiful Seattle summer night and that I could see the water and the skyline from my seat.

I know a few people who have tickets for the European shows, so I’d imagine that a lot of people will be traveling from the U.S.

Posted by
1120 posts

A good option might be to stay in Dunfermline, which is approx 40 minutes on the train from Edinburgh and a pleasant city (and former capital of Scotland) to explore. There is a Holiday Inn Express which has rooms for those dates at £105 per night.

Posted by
32 posts

I'm really glad we already have our Edinburgh reservations for May 9-13, 2024 at Angel's Share. Now we need reservations for the rest of our Scotland trip.