Please sign in to post.

Taxi from Edinburgh airport

Does any know the cost of taxi from Edinburgh airport to Waverley train station for 2 passengers with 1 luggage each? I see on airport website they have black cabs at airport but the picture shows them blue? Easy question I think

Posted by
15961 posts

They are known as "black cabs" because at one time they were all black. Now they can be any color.

According to the taxi calculator, the fare from the airport to Waverly Station will be about 50 GBP.

You can take the Airlink 100 bus from the Airport to Waverly Station for 5.50 GBP each way. It takes about 30 minutes.

There is also the tram that will drop you near Waverly. It's a couple of blocks walk downhill.

Posted by
1943 posts

I agree with Frank, take public transportation. I walked out of the terminal, walked a short way to the ticket machine, got on the tram and was whisked in to the city. I was lucky as my Premier Inn was right across the street from a tram stop. Tram was clean, fast and a wonderful option.

Posted by
5131 posts

As the prior posters did, we took the tram upon arrival and departure. Clean, quick, easy. No muss no fuss. Will take it again next trip.

Posted by
16 posts

Laurie Beth, what premier in. Did you stay at? We are staying premier inn royal mile on market st.

Posted by
6976 posts

In 2022 we stayed at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Centre Royal Mile hotel on Market Street. One of our group of four had mobility issues and couldn’t walk to where one gets the tram. We used a dedicated phone in the hotel lobby to call a cab. The taxi fare to the airport at about 7:30am was 27£. We just gave the driver 30£.

Posted by
1943 posts

I stayed at the York Place PI. There was a great pub across the street-The Conan Doyle. I took the bus to see the Yacht Britannia. And it was in walking distance to the Rabbie's cafe where you take their tours.

Posted by
68 posts

Last year we stayed at the Premier Inn Royal Mile on Market Street. It was a great location!. We used the tram from Edinburgh to the airport. We caught the tram at St. Andrew Square. From the airport, the St. Andrew stop is an easy walk (slightly downhill) to the hotel.

Costa Coffee is wonderful for breakfast if you do not take the breakfast at the hotel. Costa Coffee is right next door to the hotel