Please sign in to post.

Steve Marsh video of NE250 drive

A few months ago, Mike (auchterless) posted a link to a YouTube video by Steve Marsh and his excursion up the NE250 from Aberdeen. I finally got around to watching it today and it's great! He gives an interesting and fun commentary showing incredible scenic views, nice shots of the road as he's driving and a look at some very scenic fishing villages.

I really enjoyed watching it, and it's caused me to add Dufftown to my route (with a quick stop at the Glenfiddich Distillery) before I make my way to Elgin after seeing Clava Cairns.

I recommend that anyone driving the NE250 check this out - it's really a treat to watch! He has lots of other videos as well that I will be watching in the next weeks. Thank you, Mike for posting this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVZm-5-QEc8

Posted by
5743 posts

Steve has some marvellous videos, of Scotland and elsewhere. There is one where he gets off a train in Poland at the wrong station, in the middle of nowhere at all in a snowstorm with nearly severe results.
And one where he flies all the way from Scotland to Seattle for a one day visit. And changes his plans for the city as he arrives, due to liquid sunshine that day.
Seattleites would love that one.
Every Saturday lunchtime (UK time) a new one is released.

Posted by
6312 posts

Stuart, I'm subscribed to his feed now and will be watching for new ones. And I will definitely check out the Poland video - yikes! Thank you!!!

Posted by
605 posts

After watching Steve's NE250, I changed next year's trip from the NC500 to the NE250. Sounds a lot less crowded with scenery of its own, even if a little plainer. Was already including Aberdeen and east coast, so it made for a much more compact trip. We'll get back to the Highlands the trip after...

Posted by
6312 posts

That makes sense, jj - I'll post a trip report after my trip and let you know how it went. 44 days and counting!

Posted by
5743 posts

I look forward to reading Mardee's trip report in due course.

I'm sure Steve would like it if you dropped a comment on his video after you've been.