Please sign in to post.

September weather

Most of the posts about September weather in Scotland are several years old. Has climate change affected the general fall weather and if so, how? We're going to be in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Glen Coe September 13-23 and I know that I still need to be prepared for a variety of weather--rainy, windy, sunny, etc. Just wondering if I need to adapt any of my packing?

thanks!

Posted by
669 posts

We were there last year from late August through about September 10th, and it was rainy, windy, sunny etc. One day in the Glen Coe area was absolutely stunning, and the next day it was raining all day and you couldn't see any mountains. We were hiking the West Highland Way so had full rain gear (rain pants, rain hat, rain jacket, waterproof hiking boots). But if you are just seeing sights around, whatever you wear in the rain at home is probably OK. Personally, I hate umbrellas, so always have a hooded jacket.

Posted by
2483 posts

The weather in Scotland is as unpredictable as ever. That said, September can be a glorious month - the emphasis is on can be....