Please sign in to post.

Seeking B and B Recommendations Edinburgh September 2023

I'm seeking recommendations for B and B's in Edinburgh for early September. Three of us will be traveling and expect to stay in Edinburgh for up to 7 nights. We'd like to stay close to the Royal Mile or south of the city or the West End. Easy access to the sites is ideal.

Budget wise I anticipate spending up to $1,500 overall for housing, if possible.

Any recommendations re using VRBO or other arrangements?

This will be our first trip to Scotland.

Posted by
6293 posts

So are you looking for an apartment to rent or a hotel? Do you need one room or multiple rooms? If a hotel, the Premier Inn has gotten good reviews here. It's reasonably priced and they have several locations in Edinburgh, including one near the Royal Mile.

Posted by
94 posts

We will be in Edinburgh in April and I found an Airbnb right near Grassmarket area. You will probably find it a bit better to get a larger space like a rental apartment to spread out . We also tire of eating out so I like having a kitchen stocked with a few essentials so we can eat a few of our meals in.
I did book mine several months in advance, but if you check Airbnb I’m sure you’ll still find availability.

Posted by
518 posts

We had a wonderful stay at Kingsway B&B in December. It’s in the B&B area but bus transportation was very easy and many restaurants in walking distance. In RS book.

Posted by
4071 posts

Friends and I stayed at the lovely #53 Frederick Street B&B in July. It is near Princes Garden. And during the Fringe, I stayed a bit further out at the gorgeous Highfield Guest House, but it’s a short bus ride away from city center.