Please sign in to post.

Scotland

We are traveling from Bath to Edinburgh last part of this month what would be a good place to stop for a night or two, we have heard Lake District is nice. We have three days to explore and want to see some of Scotland.

Thanks,

Audrey

Posted by
9110 posts

The question is unclear.

Do you want to burn three days enroute to Scotland, or is that all the time you have for the whole project?

How much time are you going to have in Scotland ?

How are you traveling?

Posted by
9110 posts

I'd split it between the Peak District and the Lake District. If three nights are involved, give two to the Lakes.

Optionally, you could haul tail the first day and have supper in Scotland -- I'm prejudiced.

Posted by
1819 posts

We will be traveling from Wells to Scotland. The stops I have on my short list (in order, heading north), are Chedworth Roman Villa, Bibury (quaint village), Warwick for overnight and visiting the castle,
Next day, Bosworth Field, extended lunch stop at either Tatton Hall or Sizergh Castle, overnight at Grasmere and stopping at Castlerigg Stone Circle. (We have visited most of the Lakes District on a previous trip, so we aren't spending time there.)
Third day, stops at Sweetheart Abbey and nearby castle, then several nights at Glencoe.
Since you want to go to Edinburgh, you might want to swing farther east as you head north.
You could visit Hadrian's Wall (best part is around Once Brewed) and the Border Abbeys which are a bit south of Edinburgh.

Hope these suggestions for stops are helpful to you.