Please sign in to post.

Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo tickets on sale for 2024

Just got our tickets for August 2024, excellent ticketing site with useful rendering of viewpoint from the selected seats. NOTE: No tickets remaining for any of the Saturday shows.

I saw many posts from several years back with advice to get a membership in the fall to get early access to ticket sales. Had planned to do that, but when I saw they were on sale already (Nov 19th) I skipped that step and ordered immediately.

Those previous posts also had suggestions for the best seats:
1. The bottom of the U facing the castle (Sections 7, 8, 9 or 10) - the units march out of the castle toward these sections, performers face these seats.
2. About midway toward the castle on the legs of the U (Sections 3 or 4 on one side, 13 or 14 on the other)
3. Regardless of section, best seats are about 1/3 way up... you want to be above the railings and be able to see across the width of the esplanade.

These suggestions definitely fit the pricing options for the night we are going. Seats in sections 7 thru 10 are more expensive. In those side sections the seats about 1/3 the way up were priced at a premium, and included a hospitality event:
- The Spirit of the Tattoo dinner at the restaurant in Scotch Whisky Experience for 212 pounds (approx $265)
- The Dram preshow experience, with a dram of whisky, a whisky cocktail and canapes for 177 pounds (approx $220).

We went with the Band B level in Section 14, for 82 pounds (approx $100).

Previous posts also suggested a cushion for the metal benches -- The ticketing site and confirmation noted "Folding Seat". I found a blog post on the interwebs from a few years with photos to confirm that all seating is now plastic folding stadium seats. A pad or cushion may still be a good idea for a cold night. I found a couple posts elsewhere mentioning cushions were available for rent onsite, but not blankets. I liked the suggestion of not packing a blanket from home, but buying a nice wool blanket in Scotland for the show and a souvenir!

There are no replies to this topic.