I will be visiting UK later this year and have planned a 3 day road trip from Edinburgh. Wanted to get opinions from people familiar with the area to comment whether this is a reasonable and also suggest something I may have missed.
We will be a group of 4 people (me, wife and parents). We are interesting in seeing scenic/historic spots.
Day 1: Fly from London to Edinburgh (land around 10.30. Pick up a rental car). Have lunch near the car rental place. Start the trip
- Visit Stirling Castle
- Ben Nevis (if time permits)
- Fort William
- Spean Bridge
- Check in to Binnilidh B&B for the night
Day 2: Isle of Skye
- Eilean Donan Castle
- Sligachan Waterfall
- The Fairy Pools
- Neist Point Lighthouse
- Dunvegan Castle
- Uig/Fairy Glen
- Duntulm Castle
- The Quiraing
- Kilt Rock and Mealt Falls Viewpoint
- Trotternish Ridge View Cottage
- Old Man of Storr
- Check-in at Glenarroch Guest House for the night (Kyleakin)
- Drive to Applecross (read this road to Applecross is a must do)
- Urquhart Castle
- Loch Ness
- Check-in at Caberfeidh B&B (Inverness) for the night.
- If time permits, would like to see something in Inverness as well
Day 4: Drive back to Edinburgh Airport (6 PM flight to London)
- A' Mharconaich
(would I have time to see Cairngorms NP?)
- Edinburgh Aiport (return car)
For all the places I have listed, I am not sure how much time each place would take up. I may have to remove some places if short on time.
Please let me know if this sounds like a reasonable plan :)