Please sign in to post.

Restaurants

Anyone have any good restaurant suggestions for Edinburgh and Inverness that is good and suitable for a kid (8 yr old boy). He is a pretty good eater.
Thanks

Posted by
1652 posts

We visited Edinburgh last June but without children. All adults. I will give you the list of restaurants we ate at and you can check them out to see if your 8-year old will like them. None of the places we dined at are fancy/formal, so suitable for an 8-year old in that regard.

Dishoom - excellent Indian food
Makar's Mash Bar - recommend making reservations; delicious food; one of our favorite restaurants
Kao Pao Restaurant - menu is influenced by the cooking of SE Asia. They have an awesome tasting menu for 4 people @ 27pounds per person. It was a lot of fun.
Mussel's Inn Restaurant - delicious seafood
Cafe Royal - one of the best sticky toffee pudding's we had.

I hope this helps.

Posted by
550 posts

In Inverness we especially enjoyed the Mustard Seed. Mussels are outrageously good there. Black Isle has fantastic pizza.

Posted by
1188 posts

Friends with kids tell me Coyote Burger in Inverness is not to be missed. Pizza Express is also a decent chain of Pizza/Italian restaurants and they have a restaurant in Inverness.

Posted by
550 posts

The Tollhouse in Edinburgh was in my opinion excellent. My wife loved Scran & Scallie. And Howies has an excellent reputation, especially for its cullen skink. We haven't made it yet, but we will this summer.

Posted by
1361 posts

Second votes for
Mussel Inn-Edinburgh
Howies - Edinburgh
Mustard Seed-Inverness

I also enjoyed my early dinner at Hootenanny-Inverness (they have trad music later in evening)