Please sign in to post.

Recommendations for private tours May 2022

Hi Friends,
My tired husband and I want to visit Scotland in May 2022. We booked our tickets and then decided that we may need to book a private tour as we now think we will not be able to drive ourselves. I looked at the dates for Rick Steves tours and those were booked. We have 6 days. Can anyone recommend a reputable private tour agency or person? I originally thought we could do our own driving but, well, life happens.
My thanks,
Martha

Posted by
15003 posts

Take a look at Rabbies. I've taken several one day tours with them and they are excellent. They also offer multi day tours.

They operate 16 passenger coaches.

Posted by
6292 posts

Go ahead and sign up for a Rick Steves tour. He's allowing no-penalty cancellations through December 31, and I'll bet a lot of folks have double booked. There should be spots opening up soon. If you're on the waiting list, you don't have to put down a deposit.

Go for it!

Posted by
71 posts

Well, we have spoken with some lovely people and are now remaking our plans as our current guide, Stephan Maloney, is not communicating with us? Has something happened? Any suggestions would be appreciated.. Sadly, I would avoid edinburgh.scotland.tour.co at this point. We forge ahead!

Posted by
268 posts

With regards Stephen Maloney, when I saw his name I recognised it immediately. He is a member of a closed Scottish group on Facebook as I am and I've seen him post there several times. I did some research and it looks as though he is part of this company now

www.luxe-chauffeur.co.uk

I don't think the other company he worked for exists any more. I've looked for it and cannot find a website. This would explain why he is not responding to messages.

Posted by
9570 posts

I would go back to the recommendation to look at Rabbies.