Long time lurker and have not posted since 2018! After a long wait, I am finally booked back to my favorite country in the world.
Hoping I could get validation from the more seasoned Scotland travelers on my itinerary, and solicit any recommendations!
I love to hike/walk, sample whisky, knit, wander, and am not troubled as a solo traveler talking to strangers :)
- Sept 13 - arrive Glasgow
- Sept 14 - pickup car, drive to Oban, Ferry to Craignure
- Sept 14 - 18 - stay in Tobermory
- Sept 18 - ferry back to Oban, drive to Kennacraig, Ferry to Port Askaig
- Sept 18-23 stay on Islay
- Sept 23 - Ferry back to Kennacraig, drive to Claonaig, Ferry to Locranza
- Sept 23-25 - Stay on Arran
- Sept 25 - Ferry Brodick to Ardrossan, Drive to drop off rental
- Final night in Glasgow before flying out the 26th!
I have my ferry passages all booked but having watched the recent threads, will be keeping close watch on cancelations and changes to the schedule. I have my accommodation mostly sorted.
Thank you all in advance - I have long wanted to see Islay, and Mull and Arran closely followed on the wish list.