Please sign in to post.

Merry Christmas!

Very best wishes for a Merry Christmas to all who visit and/or post on the Scotland Forum!

Mike (Auchterless)

Posted by
2639 posts

Merry Christmas to you too, looking a nice winter morning here in Edinburgh and I am heading out to friends in Balerno (just outside Edinburgh) for Christmas lunch.
Have a lovely Christmas everyone.

Posted by
9562 posts

Merry Christmas!! 🎄🎅🏻☃️❄️ Thanks for all the guidance you all share!

I've made it to Scotland two of the last three years — let's hope I can go in 2019 as well!!

Posted by
521 posts

Merry Christmas!! Looking forward to being in Scotland in April!

Posted by
16 posts

Our first trip to Scotland this Summer. Cannot wait to visit Edinburgh, stand on Iona, experience the Highlands (and whiskey) and head out to Orkney.

Posted by
1259 posts

Happy holidays from Boise, Idaho. Be seeing some of you on the seasn’s first Best of Scotland tour early in April.

Posted by
137 posts

Mele Kalikimaka from the Big Island of Hawaii! We're so excited about heading to Scotland in May. Long, long trip, but sooo worth it!

Posted by
1279 posts

Hey Mike -

Same to you and “Lang may your lum reek”!

Love your posts - as a sassanach regularly heading over the border, I’ve found your knowledge and advice very informative, not to mention useful!

Best Regards,

Ian

Posted by
1376 posts

Hi, Ian,

"Lang may your lum reek" is more commonly used at Hogmanay, so I'll save that for next week! Glad you've found the posts helpful. I've been over so many times that folks tell me that I should move to Scotland! Wish I could. Just can't afford to up sticks and make the big move. Whatever money I save goes toward holidays in Scotland!

I'll just have to content myself with coming over for a month or so every other year. It's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Best wishes for the remainder of 2018, and for a Happy Hogmanay! Hope your first foot brings shortbread and coal.

All the best,

Mike (Auchterless)

Posted by
218 posts

I've been visiting the Scotland forum (and others) as it is on my short list of where to go next, although probably a couple others places before then. Big reason for Scotland is that I have a long time pen pal who've I been writing since the 1970's in Ayr and definitely want to visit her and her town! Met her once in NYC in 2001. Her parents loved Culzean Castle so that would be a definite to see as I've heard about it for a long time.

So in the meantime I'm paying attention and taking notes on Scotland!

Posted by
1279 posts

Hi Mike -

I know! I missed Christmas, so thought I’d get in early for Hogmanay!

Ian

Posted by
1115 posts

And as it's now 31st December, I can wish you a Happy New Year and "Lang may your lum reek". We will be first footing bright and early on the 1st. We have some "ceremonial" coal that we transfer between us and the neighbours each year. Our neighbour makes excellent shortbread and tablet too!