Please sign in to post.

Luggage storage in Edinburgh

We are planning a trip April/May 2023. We arrive in Edinburgh about 8:00 a.m., but our air B&B won't be available even to store luggage until 3:00. We will be renting a car to continue our journey once we leave Edinburgh in a few days, but don't feel we'll need it in Edinburgh. That leaves us with needing somewhere to store our luggage that first day for a few hours. In beginning to research this, I found there are many options. In addition to the airport, I've found there are many small little companies that seem to be housed in small shops throughout Edinburgh. I also saw a comment that stated museums have places you can store luggage, possibly even for free? I would like some advice from people who have experience using these services as to which seems most reliable/cost effective. We will be staying near Edinburgh Castle, so somewhere near that would be ideal.
Thank you.

Posted by
6227 posts

I'm assuming you will be taking the train from the airport into the city, so I would suggest just leaving them at the train station. It's not that far from the castle and has several left luggage facilities there. You could also check with the individual museums, but when I checked at the National Museum of Scotland site, it said, "The cloakroom is temporarily closed, so please do not bring any items to the museum that you are unable to carry with you."