Please sign in to post.

London, Scotland Ireland

Looking for travel agent to help us with transfers to and from airports. Plan route, hotels and tours. For 4 adults

Posted by
13941 posts

In your previous threads you indicated you were looking at a 14-day trip. Is that still your plan?

As others mentioned in your other threads, this seems like a lot of territory to cover in that time frame. You are losing 2 days at the beginning for your flight to Europe. You’ll spend 1 day on the back end. You’ll spend most of a day going from each location to the next. That’s 5 days out of 14 lost to transit.

I don’t have a travel agent recommendation, sorry.

Posted by
70 posts

No. We have lengthen it to closer to 3 weeks

Posted by
13941 posts

I think perhaps you might have realized that not many on this forum use travel agents. Most are DIY or tour takers or a combo.

I did look at the Road Scholar list of itineraries to see if there was a tour that covered what you want to see. The closest they come is a cruise that starts in London and ends in Edinburgh. There are a few zodiac landings so not sure how you'd feel about that.

https://www.roadscholar.org/find-an-adventure/24890/The-Ultimate-U-K-Voyage-London-to-Edinburgh-on-the-Ocean-Albatros

Here is a suggestion on how to set up an itinerary for visiting the 3 locations over 3 weeks:

Day 1 Leave the US bound for Dublin
2 Arrive Dublin. Overnight Dublin
3 Overnight Dublin
4 Day 1 Rabbies I've never done a tour with Rabbies but the company gets good reviews from many here. Do one of their 5-day tours
5 Day 2 Rabbies
6 Day 3 Rabbies
7 Day 4 Rabbies
8 Day 5 Rabbies - they drop you off in the afternoon so overnight back in Dublin tonight
9 Fly to Edinburgh. Overnight Edinburgh
10 Overnight Edinburgh
11 Day 1 Rabbies - there are several that are 4 day tours
12 Day 2 Rabbies
13 Day 3 Rabbies
14 Day 4 Rabbies and spend tonight in Edinburgh
15 Train to York. Overnight York
17 Train to London. Overnight London
18 Overnight London
19 Overnight London - do a day trip today to Windsor, Hampton Court Palace, Bletchley Park or wherever is of interest to you
20 Overnight London
21 Depart Heathrow for the US

You'd book your airline tickets "open jaw". That means flying in to one city and out of another. Book them on your airline of choice's website using the tab for Multi-city or Multi-destination. This is NOT 2 one-way tickets.

If you need a travel agent to do this for you, if you are an AAA member you could try using them. The problem with a travel agent is that if they have not been before themselves they sometimes don't give good advice. They will also use hotels that will give them a commission for booking. Those hotels might be fine but I prefer a smaller hotel with more personal service. YMMV...you might like a larger hotel.

I hope you can work out a trip for yourselves! It IS hard work to do the planning!

Posted by
4320 posts

I agree that Rabbies private tours would be your easiest option.

Posted by
70 posts

Thank you so much. I love your ideas. What hotels do you recommend?

Posted by
1117 posts

Rabbies tours give you the opportunity to either find your own accommodation or to let them book accommodation for you. Given that you are planning to travel this summer I'd suggest letting Rabbies book your accommodation. This is because they have already reserved rooms in the locations of their tours. Whereas if you try to find accommodation in popular areas for this summer you are likely to find it very difficult to find availability. This is because accommodation is very limited once you get out of the main cities in Scotland.

In Edinburgh many people recommend the Premier Inn on York Place. But it's popular and may not have availability for your dates. Here is a link to the Premier Inn site in case you want to check it out.