Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Edinburgh

My boyfriend and I will be flying into Scotland in June (dates not set) from Italy. We'll need 3 nights in Edinburgh on the start; one night on the end of a 9 day trip. Have perused the sites, need something affordable w a decent location. Ideas, please.

Posted by
1376 posts

Any of the Premier Inns or Ibis hotels would be worth checking out. Some of them are really centrally located. That said, the closer to the Royal Mile/Princes Street area you stay, the more you're going to pay. Travelodges are okay, but a bit more bare bones in reference to amenities. With all of those, breakfast is not included in the cost of the room. They do offer breakfast, but for the price, you may want to consider finding something in the town.

Good luck!

Posted by
8372 posts

Loved the Premeir Inn at York Place. Tram from airport stops at the front door. 3 blocks to Princes Street. Rooms on the top floor at the back have an amazing view of Edinburgh Harbor. 8 minute walk to train station.

Posted by
2026 posts

We had a great stay last May at Hugo’s Place Grassmarket apartment. Spacious, clean, very nicely furnished and great location for touring and dining. We don’t often rent apartments. Everything worked perfectly. We arranged the rental with booking.com. Good luck.

Posted by
3122 posts

Another traveler on this site recommended the Inverleith Hotel and we enjoyed it very much. Staff very helpful, and it's clean and pleasant with a good breakfast, relatively affordable given that Edinburgh tends to be on the pricey side. It is near the Royal Botanic Garden, around the corner from a Lothian Bus stop, and an easy walk to a couple of reasonably priced restaurants as well as a coin laundry and an ATM at a petrol station. We would happily stay there again.

My husband and I had a hilarious stay at the easyHotel. Hilarious because it was small and we just found it incredibly funny. It was a short walk from the train station and in the heart of everything. I highly recommend it for the location alone. It was also clean and the staff were kind and helpful. Plus, it was so cheap!