Please sign in to post.

Isle of Skye

Hi all,

Thanks for the previous feedback. Have booked flights and accommodations in Edinburgh and Inverness. Having a little trouble booking near Isle of Skye. Was wondering if doing a Rabbie Isle of Skye tour from Inverness was a good idea....any thoughts?

Posted by
7326 posts

Is it Skye accommodation you’re having trouble booking, or a tour? And does Rabbie’s do their tour as a daytrip, returning to Inverness before the end of that day?

We stayed on Skye for several days and nights, and I really valued being on the island that long. We had a rental car, so getting around was on our own schedule (well, influenced by the times that sheep were lying on, or crossing the road), and it allowed us time to go various places on the island. Are you relying on someone else doing the driving?

While I haven’t taken a tour with Rabbies, I know they get rave reviews from people on this forum. If you’re just visiting for the day, they’d be worth looking at, but I’d recommend more than part of a day for Skye, if you have the time.

Posted by
7326 posts

OK, now I’ve read your other post. So, looking at 2 days for Skye, right? Does that mean 2 nights, or just one? And is lodging totally booked, or are they not taking one-night stays?

Are you looking for a B&B, or an inn/hotel? Or a short-term rental? How many places have turned you down, if that’s what’s been happening? Is it worth looking harder, or does Rabbie’s offer a solution?

Posted by
5660 posts

If you're looking for 1 night on Skye, rather than Portree, Broadford, Armadale, Uig or Dunvegan, have you tried Kyleakin (the old ferry village on the Skye side of the Skye Bridge) or even the Kyle of Lochalsh- I know it's an hour's drive/bus ride back to Portree from there, but is a possible option, if stuck.
I like Kyleakin, and there will often be space there when otherwise Skye is full, as it's a village that was a bit forgotten about when the Skye Bridge opened.