Please sign in to post.

Iona lodging

I am interested in spending a night on Iona. I am deciding between the Argyll and St. Columba Hotel. If you have stayed on Iona particularly at one of these hotels I would love to hear your experience.

I originally posted this in the hotel restaurant review board.

Posted by
14 posts

My husband and I stayed at St Columba and loved it. The location was great, there were beautiful views, it felt very peaceful, and the food in the restaurant was outstanding.

Posted by
165 posts

Thank you Saf.
Did you walk to the hotel from the ferry?

Posted by
14 posts

Yes we did. But I’m almost sure that the hotel will send someone to get you and your luggage if you need them to. You would just need to let them know when you will arrive on the ferry.

Posted by
165 posts

I’m good with walking. How were the views from your room and the dining area? They appear nice from website. One of the rooms appears to have extensive views although also most expensive.

Posted by
14 posts

The views from the dining room are beautiful. We just got a basic room so no great view but we weren’t in the room much so I didn’t care.

Posted by
20 posts

I stayed at the Argyll seven years ago while on retreat. The rooms were delightful, the food delicious, and the people very kind. It is an easy walk from the dock. I am taking my husband back to enjoy Iona in August and have reserved a room at the Argyll. I didn't consider looking anywhere else.
Hope you enjoy Iona as much as I did my first time.

Posted by
165 posts

Thank you for your reply. I finally decided to book at the Argyll. Both hotels look great so hard choice. I think I will have a meal at st Columba to enjoy their property as well.