Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Edinburgh?

Hi! Go from London to Edinburgh for a upcoming weekend in April. Any suggestions on where to stay? Thanks!

Posted by
5678 posts

There are lots of choices. My favorite has been the hotel Inverlieth near the Royal Botanic Gardens. I like that it is bit away from the tourist noise and bustle, but still close to all the sites and restaurants. Easy to acess bus stops help. But nothing in Edinburgh is very far away. Look in the Dalkieth Road area, or in New Town. There are hotels right on the Royal Mile if that suits your style.

Pam

Posted by
32171 posts

epps,

If you don't mind being in a quieter location slightly outside the city centre, I'd highly recommend Hotel Ceilidh Donia, which is just off Dalkieth Road. There are Buses running in that area, but if I was tired and not in the mood to walk, I just used the local Taxi's. I found the room to be very comfortable, the staff were great and they served a really nice breakfast.

Posted by
1 posts

We recently stayed at the Grassmarket. Nice central location, very unusual decor. Our room had a map of Edinburgh on one wall for planning your tours, and covers of the comic The Dandy on another wall. They had a Sudoku drawn on a chalkboard. We found the staff to be pleasant and helpful.

Posted by
13 posts

Hi,

Do you travel alone or with your family? There is so many different accommodations in Edinburgh that it is hard to give you a suggestion without knowing your preferences. But anyways, I can let you know what I personally perfer :)
So as a single traveler I really like hostel places where you always meet a lot of new people. Last time I stayed in the smart city hostel and I was more than happy with my choice. The place is located in the old town and therefore very close to everything, and the price was great for what they offer. However this is a typical hostel, so if you are looking for something more private I can recommend you a B&B I once stayed at, it´s called the Edinburgh Townhouse. It is located in the new town and just a 10 min walk to the Waverley station and the most important sightseeing spots in the city. I think it is a great place to explore the city, also because there are a lot of bars and restaurants in the area.
I hope my answer was useful :) I also stayed at other hotels, a bit more expensive tho. Let me know if you need more info ;)

Posted by
11 posts

Hi and thanks! We are meeting our 20 yr old daughter there and did find the Haymarket Hotel! Reviews were very good and it's within a walking distance to town and attractions.....or so they say! Thanks again for all the responses! Looking forward to our trip!