Please sign in to post.

Glasgow Lodging

We are Hilton members and have a TON of points that we are using for some of our lodging on our Scotland Trip. We will be staying in Glasgow for the end of our trip and are trying to decide which of the Hilton Chain Hotels is best for being downtown and getting around. There is a Hampton, A Garden Inn, a Double Tree, and a HILTON. Does anyone have any experience or advice on any Hilton products in Glasgow they would care to share?

Posted by
15016 posts

I stayed at the Hampton a few years ago. It was a Hampton. Nothing exciting, nothing bad. Location was good.

I do remember the rooms being small.

Posted by
1745 posts

According to Google Maps, none of the Hilton properties is in the Center, though the Hampton appears to be right on the edge. The HILTON is probably the next closest. You can see it on this map:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/Hotels/@55.8639892,-4.2677689,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!2m12!5m10!17m1!1i28!17m1!1i81!17m1!1i115!17m1!1i71!17m1!1i54!6e3?entry=ttu

The yellow background area is the historic center, and the main part of that is down around St. George Square. But the other area you'll want to visit is to the west and across the highway. If you scroll the map, you'll see the area roughly between the highway and the Kelvingrove Museum is definitely worth exploring (and the museum itself is excellent). Also, you should head up to the University, which is just north of the museum.

So it's hard to say for sure the best Hilton option. From a strictly location perspective, Hampton gets the edge.