Please sign in to post.

Glasgow Hotel

Merry Christmas, all!

I've read through some of the other posts on Glasgow hotels, but I haven't found an answer yet.

I'm deciding between three hotels in Glasgow: Hotel du Vin: One Devonshire Gardens, Blythswood Square and Dakota Deluxe Glasgow.

I know the latter isn't as "iconic," but I love the look of it. Thoughts?

Thank you so much!

Lauren

Posted by
3119 posts

I believe Hotel du Vin is a chain, the theme being that each room or suite is named after a different brand of wine. I stayed in one in southern England and it had its pros and cons. The front desk staff were amazingly helpful, patient, and capable. We had arrived after getting bumped from a different set of travel plans so we needed help rearranging our rental car and stuff like that. I really have to hand it to the staff for how good they were. Not so great was the fancy antique style shower & tub setup in the room, which leaked and was almost impossible to control in terms of temperature or water pressure. The room itself was dominated by the oversize bed so we kept tripping over the other items of furniture. The hotel's restaurant was rather fancy, IMO overpriced, and as you can guess they strongly hoped all guests would order wine. I realize it ends up sounding rather like a Laurel & Hardy routine. That's the fun of travel, isn't it!