Please sign in to post.

Edinburgh neighborhoods

This forum has been so helpful, I'm reaching out again. We're going to Scotland for the first time and staying three nights in Edinburgh before hitting the road. I'm wondering what neighborhoods would be considered most desirable and what areas should be avoid for whatever reason. We're a party of seven -- six with a toddler. We are willing to book different rooms or apartments if we can't find a place together. Hopefully we could be in the same building or neighborhood. I've seen some places in Bonnington, Marchmont and I'm not familiar with them. Also, I've been told that Old Town is pretty loud, with lots of partiers and New Town would be better. I'm open to ideas. I will probably post again, if that's ok. Thank you!

Posted by
34 posts

Hi - We have not yet travelled to Edinburgh, but have booked a 3 bedroom apartment for our family at Princes Street Suites. They have apartments of all sizes. It is near the main train station so it’s in a busy area of Old Town, but no reviews complained about excessive noise. It is very central and costs less than 2 bedrooms in many of the hotels we looked at.