Please sign in to post.

Edinburgh Lodging

I am traveling with my adult daughter and adult son in October. We will spend two nights in Edinburgh. I would like a triple or family room and world like to keep the cost around £600. I usually prefer to stay in a B&B for the more personal experience and breakfast, but am not sure that will work this time. I would really like a place that provides breakfast since I'm always up before them.
Additionally, we will be arriving in a rental which I will turn in immediately, so somewhere easy to get to by car would be great.
Because we are departing late on the 7th, we will need to leave our luggage at the location most of the day, then will be departing by plane, so need someplace near the tram to the airport.
Can anyone suggest a place that will check all these boxes and yet not break the bank?
Thanks for your help.

Posted by
2374 posts

It's not clear if you are looking for 1 room for 3 people or something else and how much total per night in £ you would like to spend.

Posted by
517 posts

Check out Kingsway Guest House. They have a triple room, you can leave bags, an amazing breakfast (best we’ve ever had traveling). It’s not close to the tram but it would be easy to take a taxi or bus there.
https://edinburgh-guesthouse.com/rooms/

Posted by
31 posts

Kingsway was on my list, but they have no availability on my days.

Posted by
6292 posts

Have you checked Premier Inn? They always get good reviews here - I'm staying at the one on York Place when I get there in a few weeks, and their prices are reasonable. Here's a link to their family rooms. They have another location at the Royal Mile but it is more expensive.

Posted by
5513 posts

Premier Inn only allows 2 adults in their family rooms; however with 300 GBP per night, your budget would likely allow you to book 2 rooms.

Posted by
31 posts

I think I'll go with my original plan and stay in a B&B. We'll just take our luggage and use Stasher to leave it close to the Airport Tram line for the day. Thanks for your time, everyone.

Posted by
5726 posts

By October you will be able to stay down at Leith (for the Royal Yacht) or Newhaven, as the tram extension down to Leith is opening imminently.