Please sign in to post.

Edinburgh Hotels

We'll be in Edinburgh for 3-4 nights in September. We'd like to find an Apt-Hotel or Hotel with kitchenettes for our stay. Our budget is up to $400 a night. A central location is important but I would prefer not to be right in the thick of things unless the hotel is wonderful. I'm definitely looking forward to the Royal Botanic Gardens. Would that area be too far away from Royal Mile, etc.?

We found a wonderful place on Airbnb for our stay in Dornach. Has anyone used Airbnb in Edinburgh and stayed somewhere that they would recommend? I noticed that Booking.com also has apartment rentals.

I searched for Hotel ideas in this forum area and found Hugh's Place Grassmarket and Hotel Ceilidh Donia recommended. A friend recommended the Balmoral, the Waldorf Astoria, The Sheraton, and the Glasshouse. None have kitchenettes and suites are very pricey.

Thank you!
Melody

Posted by
4684 posts

There's an Adagio Aparthotel on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh - I haven't stayed at that one but it's a reliable chain with self-catering.

Posted by
66 posts

Highly recommend: Apartments by Castle. https://abc-edinburgh.co.uk There are two apartments. We stayed in the larger one , 11/1. The views are to die for, although they did warn us that the view to the castle from the smaller apartment is obstructed somewhat when the Military Tattoo grandstands are up in the summer. I don’t know when those come down. Just off the Royal Mile, right next to the Castle, but not too busy. We really enjoyed it, and the owners are lovely people.

Posted by
24 posts

Thank you for the recommendation Edgar.

Take Care,
Melody

Posted by
32 posts

We stayed 4 nights at the Adagio Apart Hotel on the Royal Mile during our stay.I highly recommend it. Our room had a modern kitchenette and a murphy bed that folded to a sofa during the day. There was plenty of room to spread out. We loved it right at the lower end of the Royal Mile. It was an easy walk from the train station. A bus stopped near, and we enjoyed our journey to Leith to tour the Royal Britannica. There was not problem finding good places eat. The staff was very helpful, giving us good directions to a grocery store and walking outside to point us in the right direction!

Posted by
24 posts

Diana,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Adagio Hotel. I’ve checked it online and it looks like a possibilty.
Melody

Posted by
1 posts

Not sure if you're still looking or not, but you should check out: http://www.apartmentsbycastle.com/
They have two different flats and the owners, Eric and Moira are great. The flats are conveniently located right beneath the castle and near the top of the Royal Mile.

Posted by
1019 posts

Our RS BoS 10 days stayed at parliament housr on calton road. It was very nice

Posted by
24 posts

Thank you for the last two replies. We found an Airbnb that we liked.