Please sign in to post.

Edinburgh hotel

Looking for moderate-price hotel for one night after Sept. 4-13 Rick Steves tour. Tour hotel too expensive.
Any nearby at lower price you'd recommend?

Posted by
5678 posts

What is the price of the RS hotel? I have stayed at the Inverleith Hotel many times. But there are lots of choices.

Posted by
3119 posts

I too can vouch for Inverleith Hotel as good value. The staff were wonderfully helpful and it's a quiet, clean place that serves a good breakfast.

It is on the bus route (near Botanical Garden) so if you buy a day pass you can go all over on one fee, return to the hotel for an afternoon nap or whatever, go out for dinner etc.

Posted by
5188 posts

What hotel will you be staying at on the tour?

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Ceilidh-Donia, but be aware that there's no elevator.

The price of the stay includes a pretty good breakfast. The owners are friendly and helpful.
There's a bus stop very close to the hotel so you can easily travel to the city center from there.
We took a taxi to the airport, for convenience, but you can catch the Airlink Express bus on Princes Street.

Enjoy your tour!

Posted by
65 posts

The Bingham is asking from $150 and up, usually much higher. I booked a day-before-a-Rick Steve's tour night for $150 with Expedia reduction put total to $100. But I want a nite at the end of the tour. But hotel wants much higher rate. It is a nice hotel, but I don't want to pay that much. Perhaps a Airbnb??

Posted by
5188 posts

Do you have Rick Steves' Great Britain & UK book?

He recommends many moderately priced hotels and B&B's in Edinburgh.

I can't find a Bingham Hotel in Edinburgh, where is the tour ending?

I thought it ended in Edinburgh.

Posted by
1443 posts

There are many small hotels and hosted B & Bs near the University. My friends who use famous B & B online service find that the wished they had checked small hotels and established hosted b & bs first; as they proved to be nicer and including breakfast for not much price difference.

Posted by
65 posts

Kathkeen. -- might you know the URL for that online B&B service in Edinburgh?