Please sign in to post.

Edinburgh B&B

Any recommendations for 2 nights at a B&B for 10 people? Something easy to get to from the Airport. We have visited there before but did not care for the place we previously stayed in.

Posted by
8293 posts

I can't offer any help except to say that you need to mention how many rooms you actually need for these 10 people. Five? Three? I have a feeling not many B&Bs can accommodate a party of 10 people but I could very well be wrong. I was once before, in 1998.

Posted by
6534 posts

We stayed at A-Haven townhouse hotel. It’s really a B&B. We took a bus from the airport to the station, then switched busses. The bus dropped us off right beside the B&B. It is not right downtown, but because the bus stop is on the corner by the hotel, it is very convenient. We bought a day bus pass every day and rode all over, including to Craigmiller castle and Rosslyn chapel. You can contact it via its website. The contact link on the site is at the bottom of the page.
http://www.a-haven.co.uk/

Posted by
21 posts

Thanks for the recommendations.. Seven of us stayed in 1 room in our last visit which had enough beds but the one bathroom just about done us in! The grands are now teens and we have added 3 so we need more room(s), beds and baths. Thanks again.

Posted by
123 posts

There are some amazing rentals for flats on York Place across street from National Gallery, right on tram line from airport. Check out Air BnB for New Town flats with close proximity to tram line.

Traditional B&Bs wayyyy too expensive for that large of a group. You can do better renting one or two flats.