Please sign in to post.

Edinburgh airport

Arrived 2+ hours before a flight. Disaster ensued- took nearly 2 hours to get thru check in and luggage drop, then to, for me a degrading miserable “security” ordeal. Small plastic bags in bowls were placed in the security lanes, but no instructions as to use them were posted. I packed my fluids ( £130+) in my checked bag. Without reliving the entire degradation, I was singled out to strip, have 3 scans, and have my essential equipment and possessions separated into 4 different trays without any assurance of retrieval. None of my integrators knew what the other was doing or why I was sent back and forth into the strip down lanes. I had an empty toothpaste tube, 1/2 oz mouthwash, a hand sanitizer in my scanned carryon. Never again thru this place.

Posted by
610 posts

A similar thing happened to a traveling buddy when we were flying out of Edinburg in August 2019. His wife and I moved through security very quickly. He was sent back and forth at least seven times. His backpack was also repeatedly scanned and searched. Sensitive equipment, human error, who knows. Nothing was identified as the culprit.