Please sign in to post.

Edinburgh accomodations

Edinburgh hotels and B&Bs are pricey and already quite booked for the end of May through early June! Any recommendations for lodging near the Edinburgh train station or bus station? Also, we have an early flight departure leaving Edinburgh on June 6th. Any recommendations for a hotel at Edinburgh airport? thank you for your time,

Posted by
8374 posts

I’ve stayed at Premier Inn York place and was pleased. Some rooms have lovely views out over the harbor.

Posted by
1603 posts

For our last night in Scotland in June, we are staying at the Dakota Edinburgh, which many people recommend. I've been told they have an awesome restaurant. And they provide transportation to the airport if you reserve in advance. They are about 10 minutes from the airport.

When we first arrive in Scotland, we are spending 4 nights in Edinburgh at the Ibis St. Andrew's Square. I don't know how far this is from the train or bus stations, but thought I would mention it.

And yes, I noticed, too that accommodations in Edinburgh are pricey. When I made our reservations last November, some hotels were already booked up.

Posted by
6534 posts

We too stayed at a Premier Inn, but we stayed at the Edinburgh City Centre Royal Mile. It’s close to the Waverley train station and the Royal Mile.

Our flight from Edinburgh departed at 10:30am and we took at taxi from the hotel to the airport. With tip it cost £30. Depending on your departure time, consider staying in town to enjoy your last night there.

Posted by
1321 posts

The Motel One in Edinburgh on Princes Street was great. I stayed there one night before leaving on a 4 day Western Highlands/Skye tour. The train station was across the street and I also had a view of the very nice Balmoral Hotel. It was an affordable, comfortable place to stay and I will keep it mind if I return to Edinburgh.

Posted by
1321 posts

I also liked Premier Inn. Stayed at one of their locations in London. Quite affordable

Posted by
1 posts

I am traveling to Scotland for the first time arriving in Edinburgh. I will be only having the afternoon and eve and to spend the night. It is just short, as I meet with some friends to drive to Inverness the next day...I would love any suggestions for a whistle-stop tour of Edinburgh and a nice moderate B&B or guest house for our nights stay. thank you

Posted by
3110 posts

Hi flossdaily:

Perhaps start another thread with your new questions, as it's a slightly different topic.
You will get more answers that way.

Posted by
98 posts

My husband and I stayed at the Motel One Royal right by the train station and were pleased. We are also fans of Premier Inns, which others have mentioned favorably.

Posted by
358 posts

At the airport you have the Moxy, the Double Tree Hilton, the Hampton by Hilton.

You could also look at somewhere on the bus route - such as the Holiday Inn by the zoo. Buses will get you there for the first flight of the day if needed. The airport buses end in 00 ie 100, 200 etc