Please sign in to post.

Edinburgh

Hello,
My family of 4 adults will be in Edinburgh for 4 days in mid-May, and we would like to book a hotel close to some of the most popular historic sights. I don't think we plan to go outside of the city. Can you recommend a mid-priced hotel near the Edinburgh Castle and Old Town areas?

Thank you!!!

Posted by
55 posts

In Edinburgh last summer we stayed at the Premier Inn Edinburgh City Center Royal Mile. Great location. One block from the Royal Mile and a quick walk to Edinburgh Waverley station. We walked all over Edinburgh from the hotel. Breakfast is not included in the cost of the room. There is a Costa Coffee next to the hotel. We had breakfast there every morning. For more space and a premium coffee maker and minifrig, upgrade to the Premium Plus rooms.

Posted by
2352 posts

We liked Motel One Edinburgh Princes. Perfect location between the old and new town.

Posted by
13 posts

Frederick House Hotel is a great location in the New Town area of city centre, and the Ibis is great for the Old Town area. Neither will break the bank and both can include breakfast 😊

Posted by
1321 posts

I also enjoyed my stay at the Motel One in Edinburgh. It’s well located near the train station and overlooked the beautiful Balmoral Hotel

Posted by
6541 posts

We also stayed at Premier Inn Edinburgh City Center Royal Mile. We did pay the 9.5€ per person for the fully cooked breakfast buffet. A continental breakfast was less. We felt the breakfast was well worth the cost.

As already stated, it is a block off the Royal Mile and close to Waverley train station, the castle, and Holyrood House. We picked up the bus to visit HMY Britannia from nearby Canongate Kirk. For Outlander fans, across the street from Canongate Kirk is the Museum of Edinburgh. It was used as the interior for Jamie’s print shop in the series. The print shop entrance for the series is behind the museum on Bakehouse Close. For Harry Potter fans, I recently read that the Elephant House pub reopened after a devastating fire.