Please sign in to post.

Airport Transfers

I'm the leader of a vacation club in my community that provides information on a wide variety of topics. One that has been requested by many members is "What is a great, reliable and reasonable airport shuttle to my hotel?" Many of our members are older and so calling an Uber, taking the bus or train isn't an option for them. They want to be able to have a transfer where the company is easily identifiable, will help with loading bags and drops off right at the hotel.

The members travel extensively and all over the world, so I'm creating a list for everyone. We in particular are going to Glasgow and Dublin in August so I'm also interested in those two cities as well. When I do a Google search, I get all kinds of ads, but that doesn't give me an honest review.

Thank you,

Barbara

Posted by
1376 posts

Hi, Barbara,

A lot depends on the location of the hotel. There is an express bus which leaves Glasgow Airport every 15 minutes or so, and makes a few stops in central Glasgow on its way to its terminus at the Buchanan Street bus station. However, if your club members require luggage assistance, the bus driver would not be able to help with that. I should say that the buses are quite comfortable.

Your best bet would be to contact one of the taxi services which pick up at Glasgow Airport. They have vehicles ranging in size from a four passenger cab to a people carrier, which is similar to a U.S. minivan. I think that they hold eight passengers plus luggage. Some companies have 15 - 16 passenger mini-buses. You just have to do a bit more research on the internet to find out which company is the most suitable for your requirements.

Glasgow is a very safe city, except around football stadiums on match day. The airport regulates its taxi services very strictly, so you need not worry about getting in to a gypsy cab.

Best wishes for your plans.

Mike (Auchterless)