We have a big trip coming up, 3 weeks of which are taking place in London, Argyll (lower Highlands) and Aviemore/upper Highlands. I'll ask details about those later. Below is what we've come up with post-Aviemore/upper Highlands. I'd appreciate some comments and concerns as to whether the timeframes sound reasonable for seeing the highlights in the area. For the time in York, I feel like we're hopping around a bit. I'd prefer to combine the nights in Alnwick/Durham but not so sure if taking day trips from one location is realistic. We'll have a car the entire time. Thank you for the help!
- Isle of Skye - 2 nights
- Stirling - 2 nights (drive from Skye)
- Edinburgh - 3 nights (drive from Stirling...does it make any sense to spend 5 nights in Edinburgh and simply drive to Stirling instead of the 2 and 3 split?)
- Alnwick (or thereabouts) - 1 night
- Hadrian's Wall in a.m. and Durham in p.m. - 1 night in Durham
- York - 2 nights
- Drive to Heathrow area, overnight somewhere around there and fly out the next day.