Please sign in to post.

Scotland

Hi everyone,

I want to thank you all for all the info you have sent me!!! Wow, this is going to be a great trip! I've almost completed my plans just a couple of questions. I plan on visiting the Oban area but for the 10 & 11 I have no rooms yet. I planned to stay in Oban and just visit the Isle of Mull but now I'm wondering if I should just stay on the Isle itself. With August being a festival month I'm afraid to wait and check out the area. Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Ginger

Posted by
5678 posts

I stayed in Tobermory. I did have a car, but I really liked Tobermorey. I don't think that the Guest House I stayed in is still in business. Just as well as the owner was a bit wacky. He was convinced that the entire economic system of the world would collapse because of 9/11. :) I did go eat dinner a couple of times at the Western Isles. They may be expensive, but they are remodeling so maybe not. I would certainly look into them if I went back.

Here's the link to the Tobermorey Tourist Information.

Posted by
484 posts

I stayed in Oban. Oban is nice for restaurants, shopping, and strolling. Easy ferry connections to the isles. Plus, Oban has a distillery that is open for free tours if you have any interest in Scotch. Any place near the cathedral between George St. And Dunollie Rd is good. Easy walk to any place you want to be. Oban has it's own brewery as well if that interests you. I really enjoyed my boat trip to treshnish isles (Staffa and Lunga). My husband liked Mull and Iona. Beautiful area for nature. Have a great time and bring an excellent raincoat with a hood (no cheapie ponchos). (you can buy excellent rainwear in Oban.)