I'll be in Scotland for 12 days (counting from when my flight lands to when my flight departs) in early June. I'm picking up and dropping off a rental car from the airport.
I've done a bit of research and composed a fairly detailed itinerary, and am wondering if it's a bit too ambitious- especially the end couple of days? I'm also hoping for some insight on if I'm missing anywhere amazing, or going somewhere not worth it.
I did a 3 day tour of the highlands two years ago, and saw some of the greats already (loch ness, fort Williams, culloden etc) which I'm planning on skipping this time around
--Each bullet point represents a day--
• Land in Aberdeen on Saturday June 12th at 11:35am. Pick up rental car at 1:00pm. Go to hostel and get settled. Explore Aberdeen a bit.
• Depart hostel at 9:00ish, leave for Craigievar castle (49 minute drive. Tour castle, then head to Inverness (2 hour 4 minute drive). Stay the night in Inverness.
• Inverness (Day trip to Newtonmore? 1 hour drive)
• Depart Inverness and head to Plockton (1 hour 50 minute drive). Tour Plockton for a few hours, then head to Isle of Skye and the hostel. (1 hour 9 minute drive). Get settled in the hostel and then explore.
• South Skye for the day- Armadale (1 hour 6 minute drive). Return to Skye hostel.
• Skye in the morning and then depart to Tobermory (4 hour 45 minute drive- plus ferry). Get settled in hostel and rest.
• Explore Tobermory.
• Explore Isle of Mull. Pony trek?
• Depart Toberymory and head to Glencoe (2 hour 30 minute drive).
• Explore Glencoe in the morning, depart for Perth. (2 hour 10 minute drive). Stay the night in Perth.
• Check out Perth for the day, then leave for Aberdeen (1 hour 37 minute drive). Stay the night in Aberdeen.
• Drive to the airport (16 minute drive), drop off rental car at 10:00am, flight home at 1:40pm.