Please sign in to post.

Inverness

Looking for a great BNB in Inverness. Should we stay in the city center area or closer to the Loch Ness?

Posted by
5678 posts

I would stay in Inverness. More restaurants and pubs. Look into the Hootenanny for live music from traditional and contemporary. Also, if you like jewelry look for Hazel Passmore's design studio. Gorgeous stuff.

There are tons and tons of B&Bs in Inverness. I've stayed mostly in the small hotels, but if I were looking for a B&B right now, I would check out the TA list or use the Visitscotland accommodation link to find one that appeals and then post to the Scotland forum here to see if anyone has been there.

Pam

Posted by
106 posts

In October my tour group stayed at the Royal Highland Hotel in Inverness. It was between the train Station and a bus stop. This hotel was just too busy and loud for my taste. When I return to Inverness I will be looking for a hotel or B &B close to the river and across from the castle. This is a quieter neighborhood and the view of Inverness from that side of the river is Spectacular. So if you want quiet and convenience, look for something on the opposite side of the river from city center.