Please sign in to post.

Edinburgh: Inverleith Hotel

Lovely happy medium between a B&B and a modern hotel, good value. Traditional décor, comfortable, pleasant, quiet. Breakfast very good. Desk staff extremely helpful. Great location, around the corner from 3 bus routes and a stone's throw from Botanic Garden. Neighborhood seems very safe and hotel is within easy walking distance from at least half a dozen affordable restaurants.

Posted by
5678 posts

Lovely to see this current review of one my favorite hotels. I stayed here several times between 2000 and 2010 and always found the staff friendly and helpful. I too liked the location and found it very easy to take a bus up in the morning to Princes Street or the Royal Mile and then walk down at the end of the day. One time I did the Leith Water Walk.

Good to know that they are still doing well. (Children no doubt are off to university by now!)

Posted by
3122 posts

I guess you're right about the children -- did not see any during our visit.

My comment about the helpful staff at the Inverleith bears repeating. It's not every hotel clerk who can anticipate what you're going to want/need before you even know it yourself. They did, and it really made our stay in Edinburgh a pleasure!

Posted by
5678 posts

They were headed out to school every morning with their book bags when I first visited. I was there in September. :) It was very comfortable.

Pam