Please sign in to post.

Hostels in Copenhagen?

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has ever used Next House Copenhagen / Generator Copenhagen as their accomodation and what their experience was? I'm going on a Europe trip mid-2025 and am doing research on possible accomodation. Hostels look like the best option budget-wise.

I haven't ever stayed in a hostel before, and can be quite introverted. Of course I'm not opposed to making new friends along the way but I do appreciate a more lowkey and a non-party vibe!

If anybody else has any good suggestions for places to stay I'd love to hear them!

Thanks,
Vince

Posted by
145 posts

Hi Vince. Last summer I stayed at Steel House Copenhagen hostel and had a wonderful experience there. I highly recommend it. I've stayed in two Generators, one fabulous and one just average. Meininger also is a good brand, and I see they have one in Copenhagen. Don't be afraid of the hostel environment because you "can be quite introverted." Especially after Covid, the hostels tend to offer a little more privacy for each bed, but in any event, you can join in on partying and events or not, as you please. People arrive in all different stages of wanting or expecting to be social, and everyone I've met in maybe 90 nights of staying in hostels in Europe has been respectful of any boundaries I put up in a particular situation. In fact last year I had to actively pursue conversations if I wanted to have any. As for a party vibe, just ignore it. That said, do read reviews on hostelworld about whether people say a place is a party hostel or not.

Posted by
10066 posts

Hi Vince - I too have stayed in two Generators - one of which being the one in Copenhagen. I don't recommend it and think you can find something better. (By comparison, I liked the Generator in Stockholm so much that I just stayed there for the second time.).

I was disappointed in the Generator in Copenhagen after having such a good experience (value for money) at the Stockholm one. My stay in CPH was in 2022.

Posted by
622 posts

Europe trip mid-2025

Just Copenhagen or other cities?

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you so much for all your replies so far!

It makes me feel more at ease knowing that people are usually respectful of boundaries and that people usually have positive experiences! This incoming trip is set to be my first ever solo travel, and sharing a bedroom with strangers feels quite overwhelming at this point haha!

I'm starting to check out the HostelWorld reviews as per nancycantravel's suggestions and it's really interesting to read people's experiences on there. Thank you for this suggestion! :)

jkh - I have no set itinerary yet! My purpose of going besides to travel is to catch up with my friends living in London and Stockholm. I'll start in London then make my way to Stockholm overland, stopping at a handful of cities for a few days at a time. Copenhagen will be my last stop before Stockholm :)