Please sign in to post.

Copenhagen Admiral hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Copenhagen Admiral Hotel? I am supposed to stay there in August, but I am reading mixed reviews. If anyone has I would like to know if it is close to any sites that we could see while we are there.

Posted by
11130 posts

We spent a lot of debating whether to stay there or at the Radisson near Tivoli Park. We chose the Radisson and after seeing The Admiral and it's Nyhaven location wished we had stayed there instead. Next trip we will book The Admiral. Friends lover it.

Posted by
16177 posts

I have stayed at a number of hotels in Copenhagen, and the Admiral wss my favorite--but I like modern, minimalist type places. We had a two-level room and it was not small. Their breakfast is very expensive and we skipped that.

The location is great, near sights like Nyhavn, the Resistence Museum (which I highly recommend) and the Little Mermaid ( if you must). It is not close to Tivoli but a very pleasant walk along the pedestrian street (Stroget).

I looked at the reviews on Tripadvisor and do not understand the German guy's gripe. Yes it is expensive---and so if everything else in Copenhagen. The Englishwoman was very specific about her issues---mainly involving using the spent towels (headed for the laundry) to do the final wiped down on the toilet. who knows,mthat may be standard procedure. (I spent a few days working as a hotel maid in a national park before Inwas promoted to a shop position. We were trained to use the spent towels to polish the chrome faucets and dry out the bathtub. But nothing to do with the toilet).

Apart from these most of the reviews are very favorable.