Please sign in to post.

UEFA Eurocup 2020 FanID for Russia

Hello,
I won the ticket lottery for the UEFA Eurocup 2020 and will now be eligible to travel to Russia via a FanID, instead of having to apply for a Russian visa. Has anyone ever done this before? Russia did this same thing last year with success and that's why they are doing it again for 2020. I would like to hear about your experience, including how you got the FanID. I have been researching but can't find out how to get it.
Many thanks,
Lindsay

Posted by
691 posts

Hi Lindsay
I add a Fan id for the world cup in 2018

it was an easy online process, you take a picture with a pale background upload it, and put all your info in. The mail delivery was about 1 month.
Almost all the boarder security personnel were aware of it.
Our fan id included free travel on the metro and trains.
hope this help

Posted by
3 posts

This is very helpful information. Thank you. If you give some of your tickets to friends, can they also apply for the fanID?

Posted by
1 posts

Hello,
But how to get this ID?
There is no information about it on the internet.
Those who got it for 2018 - when did you get it?
Thank you!

Posted by
444 posts

Hi,
The process will most likely kick off in the next couple of months, definitely after the next round of ticketing in December. If you have the tickets, you'll get an update from UEFA.
Once the site (www.fan-id.ru) is up and running again, the process should be pretty smooth.

Posted by
444 posts

As of earlier today, the site (www.fan-id.ru) seems to be up. I'd give them a couple of weeks to iron out the wrinkles and then apply.

Posted by
3 posts

Hello,
Has anyone ever had to change the delivery option after they applied for a FanID and did you have any problems or have suggestions?
Thanks!

Posted by
444 posts

Has anyone ever had to change the delivery option after they applied for a FanID

No firsthand experience here, but, if the site is to be believed (and I don't see why it shouldn't be), it looks like delivery options is one of the things you can easily change online once you have your application approved.

Do you have specific concerns?

Posted by
4 posts

Foreign citizens and stateless persons can enter and leave the Russian Federation multiple times without a visa using their FAN IDs on a laminated card as well as in electronic form, subject to having a valid identity document, that is recognized as such by the Russian Federation (Passport).
Entry to the Russian Federation is possible from 00:00 on 30 May 2020 to 23:59 on 3 July 2020 (local time of arrival in Russia).
Departure from the Russian Federation is possible from 00:00 hours on 30 May 2020 to 23:59 on 13 July 2020 (local time of departure from Russia). When applying for a FAN ID, a spectator must specify the data of the identity document (passport), that he/she will use for entering the Russian Federation.
When a FAN ID is used as an entry/exit document for UEFA EURO 2020™ in St. Petersburg, the identity document of the foreign spectator must be valid at the time of entry into and during the period of stay in the Russian Federation.
ID cards of foreign countries CANNOT be used to enter the Russian Federation.
If the FAN ID application has been approved or the FAN ID has been received, and the foreign citizen or the stateless person receives a new passport, on the basis of which he/she is going to enter the Russian Federation, it is necessary to change the data in the FAN ID.
You can find out how to change the data in the FAN ID in the "Changing the data in the FAN ID application" section.

Posted by
1 posts

I HAVE PURCHASED TICKET FOR EURO2020 THROUGH ONLINE SELLER VIAGO AND EXPECTED MY TICKET AROUND MAY 22, 2020

IF I APPLY FOR FAN ID 22 MAY 2020 CAN I GET DELIVERY OF FAN ID TILL 05 JUNE 2020 IN MY COUNTRY PAKISTAN
BECAUSE I HAVE TICKET OF MATCH 13 JUNE 2020
ANY ONE GUIDE ME PLEASE

Posted by
32519 posts

tanzil_export

Please stop shouting. We can hear even if you don't shout. All caps is seen on the internet - all over, not just here - as shouting.

Sometimes when people shout others can't hear the question because it is so overwhelming.

I hope you get your answer