Please sign in to post.

St Petersburg tours

Has anyone used Ulko Tours in St Petersburg? We are on a Baltic Cruise in September and will be in St Petersburg for 2 days.

Posted by
153 posts

We were on a Baltic Cruise last July and used TJ Travel out of St. Petersburg for a 2-day tour in St. Petersburg, Finland, and Estonia. Not only were they less expensive than a tour booked from the cruise line, but they did an excellent job! We were a little apprehensive about using a Russian guide company and not the ship in Russia, but TJ had excellent reviews. Their correspondence was good and their advice about clearing Russian security on the Pier saved us much time as we did not wait in a predesignated place but used the documents we got from TJ via e-mail and saved a long line at the pier. We sailed through Russian customs. Our tour groups were in a mini bus and they knew how to navigate the crowds and traffic to get us near the front of the lines. The TJ bus also had wi-fi so we could use our phones. AS we didn't have visas, we would only go with our guide. They took us to places to eat and shop. We did not exchange dollars for Rubles as we would not be on our own with many places to go. The places TJ took us to shop had most everything we wanted to buy and the prices were consistent with those on the pier. Also, they accepted Dollars, Euros, and Rubles. I checked the exchange rates and the prices charged in Dollars was in the ball park with what I saw in my currency converter (Units Converter app). We were impressed!