Please sign in to post.

St. Petersburg to Helsinki Cruise

I am looking for the following information. I have not been able to find it on the net.

St. Petersburg to Helsinki ferry for March 14th, 2016.

I have found 2 and 3 day roundtrips and a ferry leaving St.Petersburg on sunday the 13th.
Is there a way to buy 1 way travel on these roundtrip ferries?

Trip is for 2 people.

Posted by
8091 posts

Have you considered what you have to go through and the cost to get a visa for entry into St. Petersburg and/or Russia? You have to be asked to come there by a "sponsor."
We went in there in August on a cruise ship, and were met by "government approved" travel agents with Mercedes 15 passenger vans. They hauled us all over town and out into the countryside for two days. Our paid vouchers allowed us not to have to get a visa. The tour guides were fantastic and we got to see all the popular sights quickly and efficiently.
Although I'm an experienced world traveler, St. Petersburg is one of those cities best visited with an organized tour. They don't use the alphabet of the western world, and it's a difficult place to navigate.

St. Petersburg is truly one of the great cities of the world and a place not to be missed. We were fortunate to have great weather in August, but that part of the world often has pretty lousy weather.

Posted by
4137 posts

Sorry , just checked the boat schedule again , the boat will not work for you , use the ALLEGRO train , it's a piece of cake . We used it last October after a stay of nearly three weeks in St Petersburg . Wonderful city , nary a KGB agent to be seen ;---) Look down this thread , the last fifteen or so queries provide responses to the question of a visit that you should consider when planning your itinerary