Please sign in to post.

Luggage storage in St Petersburg?

Hello,
We are going to be disembarking from a cruise in St Petersburg and have 8 hours extra to spend in St Petersburg before we catch a train. We would like to spend the time in the city but will have our suitcases. Any ideas on where we can store our luggage for 6 hours? We don't want to lose time going all the way to the train station and then back again. Thanks!

Posted by
445 posts

Regardless of whether you're disembarking from a Baltic cruise or a river cruise, your train station will be more centrally located and closer to the main attractions than your port. Why not drop off your luggage there?

Posted by
11294 posts

Yes, the various train stations in St. Petersburg are only a few metro stops from the center (even the walk may not be too long, depending on where you're coming from), while the cruise port is far from the center. So, go right from the cruise port with your luggage to the train station (make sure it's the one you're departing from!), then go to the center to sightsee. Just make sure you get back to the train station in time to retrieve your luggage.

This is all assuming your departure train station has luggage storage - I don't know anything about that. But the locations of the stations are not the problem.

Posted by
7 posts

Thank you both for your suggestions. We looked into the train station and it is near Lenin square so this is a perfect solution.
We look forward to our trip! Linda

Posted by
4140 posts

From the information you provide , I assume you are departing from Finland Station ( going to Helsinki ? ) . If so you need to be aware that in order to board your train ( The Allegro ) upon departure , you cannot access it from the station proper - here is what you need to be aware of - standing in front of the station , turn to your left and walk to the corner and turn right , walking along the west side of the station . The entrance that you need is a relatively nondescript door about a block up on your right . https://www.google.com/maps/place/Allegro+Service+To+Helsinki/@59.9567572,30.3545884,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4696317bc52f0483:0x1d9035f68d73c79b!8m2!3d59.957203!4d30.3561335

Posted by
4140 posts

If I have this wrong , let me know for a correction

Posted by
7 posts

Thank you for that information. I will look into storage facilities there rather than at the Finland station to make it easier!
I appreciate your help!

Posted by
4140 posts

The storage facilities at the station are fine , you will just need to follow my instructions in order to board the train . It's all the same station , It is only the entrance to the track that is the issue .