Please sign in to post.

How to split up my time...

I hope it is ok i am asking this question in the Russian Forum. I am trying to plan my upcoming special 10th anniversary trip with my wife. We are in our late 30s in good health and are looking forward to exploring the history of Estonia, Latvia and St. Petersburg. We most like culture and manors and castles. We plan to spend one day in Estonia (Old Town), one day in Latvia (Riga) and three days in St. Petersburg. We have an extra day to allocate- my thought was either in Estonia- outside of Old Town or in Latvia outside of Riga. I am hoping people would have experienced both and can give their viewpoints. Thanks so much- what a great community of travelers!

Posted by
8035 posts

When you say one day do you men two nights hence one full day, or are you counting nights. If so then I would drop some destinations. St. Petersburg cannot be done minimal justice in 3 nights/2 days -- I'd put my extra time there and If you don't have two nights for the other sites, I'd drop one.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you! Yes we would have 1 full day in Tallin, 1 full day in Riga. As for St, Petersburg- we arrive around 9am on day 1, full day 2 and then taking overnight train to Moscow after day 3 leaving around midnight.

Posted by
15576 posts

Without hesitation, add the day to St. Petersburg. There is so much more to see there.

Posted by
8035 posts

I agree with Chani -- you won't scratch the surface of Petersburg with that small amount of time.