Please sign in to post.

wireless earbuds

Can we use our wireless earbuds to connect to the tours audio guide system?

Posted by
23267 posts

You are asking a specific question about, I assume, one of the Steves' tours. The Rick Steves' staff does not monitor this site full time. It would best to call the office directly and ask the question of one of the staff. If I had to guess at the answer, it would be NO since you would need to match the frequency of the guides transmitter to your earbuds.

Posted by
133 posts

Now I’m not super techie but I have downloaded RS audio Europe app. I have also added the particular museums/ walking tours that we want to take from the RS app. I have no problem using my wireless earbuds in sync with my cell. So if you plan on going on tours independently as we are, then yes you should be able to use your wireless earbuds. You will need to download any audio tours to your device prior to getting to your destination. I hope that I’ve helped.

Posted by
66 posts

i had emailed RS tours to ask about that. this was their response:

“Our tours use a "whisper system" that consists of a small transmitter you wear around your neck and which connects to earbuds with the standard round jack. Your guide will provide disposable earbuds for you to use.“.