Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Douro Valley

Looking for recommendations to stay in Douro Valley in September. We prefer Agroturismo style with dinner offer and wine experience. Appreciating everyone's opinion!

Posted by
28 posts

Quinta Do Vallado. Definitely. Stayed there 3 days in May. Beautiful, cozy. Reasonably priced. Wonderful staff. Includes cook to order breakfast, tasting experience, bottle of wine and is near other Quintas if you want to go tasting. Spa. Pool you might want to use if it’s still warm in September (likely).

Also offers reasonably priced 3 course wine paired dinner and they will set up a picnic for you on one of the nearby hikes. Not sure of cost. Wish I was there now.

Posted by
1676 posts

Quinta de la Rosa is very nice. It has a restaurant and you can tour the winery, etc. FYI - I’m not certain you will find an agroturiso type place as all of the land is devoted to grapes!

Posted by
15585 posts

I stayed at Qinta de Marrocos on the recommendation of another RS member. Loved it. Great food, wonderful wines, charming room decor, staff were incredibly helpful and friendly.

Posted by
9 posts

We just stayed two nights in Casa do Visconde de Chanceleiros. Beautiful place, wonderful meals, pool, jacuzzi, tennis, and wow views.