Please sign in to post.

Travel from Lisbon to Fatima

What is the easiest mode of transportation from Lisbon to Fatima and what is the cost.

Posted by
273 posts

The bus terminal is about 1 kilometer ,maybe less, from the west end of the shrine , the new round church.

From the bus terminal walk south, as a reference the hotel Aleluia is opposite the round church.

Posted by
2979 posts

Sorry for not providingt this information in my original post: Sete-Rios, 1500-561 Lisboa, Portugal

Posted by
6614 posts

From the Basilica of the Most Holy Trinity to the Loca do Cabeço (Angel of Peace) it’s 2.3km (1.4mi). I haven’t been there since 1979, but seem recall the walk up to the statues being slightly uphill. En route you pass the stations of the cross.

Posted by
29 posts

I want to see several cities: Nazare, Alcobaca, Fatima, Batalha, and Obidos - should I rent a car, or can I rely on buses? I tried to use the link https://rede-expressos.pt/en/timetables but I couldn't connect each city. I'll be driving from Lisbon. Thank you for your advice.

Posted by
15 posts

To take the bus from Lisbon to Fatima, is it necessary to buy tickets ahead of time or can you walk up and buy a ticket the same day and get on the bus? We are planning to go in mid-November. Also can you catch the bus from either Sete Rios or Orienté Rail Station? If you buy your ticket ahead can you specify a particular departure time?

Posted by
6614 posts

@jcs1mom - We have a rental car and it’s been easy to visit the towns. They are all close together. Nazaré is a typical tourist beach town like the ones in the states. If you’re running short on time, Óbidos can be seen in a couple hours, but is best seen in the evening after all the tours depart.

We spent about an hour each at Batalha and Alcobaca monasteries. At Fátima we parked and visited the sanctuary. Since it was warm we decided to drive to the Angel of Peace shrine. Due to road work we couldn’t get right to it. We parked near the Casa de Lucia and that of her cousins, saw the the Angel appeared a second time, then walked to the Angel of Piece, passing the location where Mary is said to have appeared to the children.

I will recommend that if you intend to rent a car, look up free parking lots for where you’re going and bookmark them to Google maps. It took us right to them. There are one close to the monasteries, in Fátima, and Óbidos. Nazaré has a couple, but they are about a 10 minutes walk from the beach.

Posted by
15 posts

We are 3 couples traveling together and will only have the equivalent of 2 full days in Lisbon, so we would like to use public transportation to go everywhere.