Please sign in to post.

Transportation in Lisbon

My husband and I will be visiting Portugal next month. We will land in Lisbon around 10:30PM on Saturday evening. My question is how easy is it to find transportation from the Airport to our hotel (which seems to be 11 minutes away if you’re driving) that late and what method of transportation do you recommend (public transportation, Uber or Taxi)? Thank you.

Posted by
2948 posts

A lot of people use Uber, but I took a taxi and don’t remember it being that expensive.

Posted by
41 posts

Thanks MaryPat, I was leaning towards that but wasn’t sure how late Uber runs there.

Posted by
269 posts

Hi
I use taxis in Portugal and never had a problem. I always ask the driver for an estimate before getting in ( an estimate is just that, and can be impacted by traffic. ). Be aware that they have minimum charges and charges for luggage.
Happy travels

Posted by
5211 posts

MAK,

The Lisbon Airport is very close to the city center.
My daughter and I took the Metro from the airport but we arrived in the morning, and were heading to the Oriente station to continue our journey to Sintra.

However, we took a taxi (arranged by our hotel) back to the airport upon our departure. We paid €20 in 2019.

We purchased the Viva Viagem Card to travel via Metro around the city, and for trains to/from Sintra & Cascais
You can find more information about this “zapping” card here

Wishing you a wonderful trip!

Posted by
1669 posts

There is always a long line of taxis at the airport and Uber seems to be available very late and very early. However, the line of people trying to take taxis is usually very long. To avoid the long line, go up the escalators to the departures area. Once you go out the doors, you will see taxis letting people off for their flights. Simply flag one down for your ride. It’s easy and much faster than waiting at arrivals.

BTW, Ubers will pick up at departures (across the street) if you choose to go that route.

Posted by
41 posts

Wow, thanks everyone for the invaluable advices. This forum is sometimes all you need to plan your trip. Happy Friday!