Please sign in to post.

Tour guides

Hello, we are a multi-generational family of 13 & will be in Lisbon & Cascais. We are looking for a tour guide with bus & driver to show us around Lisbon & Sintra. I have emailed the 4 tour guides in Rick Steves Portugal book and so far 2 are not available the days we will be there & I am waiting to hear back from the other 2. Does anyone have any other individuals they can recommend? My parents are in their 70's & my nephew is only 18 months so we really need a bus to transport us all.

Also, most of us are flying in on a Friday at various times & we are looking for a hotel for 1 day in Lisbon before we check into our house in Cascais on Saturday. Is there an area of Lisbon you can suggest to stay that is central & what activities we can do the first day we arrive? We also have children ranging in age from 6-10 yrs old so something family friendly.

Thank you!!!

Posted by
1666 posts

“Your Friend in Lisbon” does private tours of Lisbon that are excellent. But the Lisbon tours are walking tours. They also do tours of Sintra and Cascais.

If walking in Lisbon isn’t right for you, CoolTour Lisbon looks like they do private van tours. I’ve done their tours of Sintra and the Douro valley and they were very good. I’m not certain how a van tour would work in Lisbon because of the traffic.

And, if neither of these work, there are many Tuk-tuks in Lisbon that drive you around the city with commentary.

For staying in Lisbon one night, the Baixa area is flat and central.