Please sign in to post.

Termas de Luso

I love wandering back roads, getting lost for no good reason and finding special places that only make sense to my own personal whimsy. With each trip I take, I like to plan a day or two for just such an off the grid kind of destination throwing a curve into a more cultivated kind of itinerary. That being said, is anyone familiar with Luso? Specifically the natural hot springs spa called Termas de Luso.
Being from the Pacific NW, seeking out natural hot springs around the world as well as my own backyard is passion of mine. I’m thinking a few days down time enjoying a spa experience in a small town would be right up my alley. A nice break from the Porto-Coimbra-Lisbon tourist gauntlet. I’m traveling next month so I’m a bit concerned if the town will have a heartbeat in the middle of January. I’m not looking for much but will I be able to find a place to eat kind of thing. Has anyone visited Termas de Luso spa? Is the Bussaco Palace within walking distance of Luso or is the town big enough to have a taxi? Anyone commuted into Coimbra from Luso either by the train or taxi to Pampilhosa/train from there if I want to use Luso as a home base? Input is greatly appreciated.