Please sign in to post.

TAP airline

Anybody have experience with this airline? We are looking for direct flights from Lisbon to Porto, but Vueling doesn't offer any apparently.

Posted by
6416 posts

If you want to go from Lisbon to Porto, the best way is to take the train. Buy your tickets in advance at www.cp.pt

Posted by
1613 posts

We have flown TAP Airlines many times from the US to Marseilles, where we had to change planes in Lisbon. We never had any problems with them.

Posted by
513 posts

For what it's worth, I'll jump in and agree that the train is a much better option--you don't have to deal with the trouble of flying. The high-speed train is relatively inexpensive and comfortable. I found it an enjoyable experience.

Posted by
1 posts

Definitely not worth it! They took my credit card and gave me a confirmation number. 6 months later on the eve of the flight they told me there was an issue with my payment. I had to pay over $1000 extra to buy a ticket on the same day of the flight or miss out on my trip. They had months to rectify the issue but chose not to. What a scam!

Posted by
513 posts

I flew TAP in 2022--hadn't intended to, but my original flight was cancelled and Delta rebooked me on TAP. It wasn't bad--no worse than any US carrier.

Posted by
125 posts

Never any issues and use them alot. We like this airline and did receive our vouchers during Covid.

Posted by
27142 posts

As others have suggested, the train will be faster, requiring as little as 2 hr. 49 min. each way from the Lisboa Oriente station.

Posted by
269 posts

Agree, train makes the most sense for that route. We took it and it worked out fine. Less hassle time overall dealing with the airport and all things associated with that.

Posted by
125 posts

There are several trains to Porto from Lisbon from Santo Apolonia or Orient station. Not $$$.